This section of my site will contain coding notes and observations on the Golang(Go) programming language and some C. GO is mainly my focus but I like to sprinkle some 'C' in there dependent on time. I find that looking and coding GO & C exercises the muscles I have that seem to get weak from sitting on the ROR couch all day. Also is in keeping with my belief that reviewing multiple languages is always a benefit to the main language you happen be focused on. You see coding approaches/idea's that open you mind a bit.
The C Programming Language
The GO(golang) Programming Language
GO was created by a few of the guys who created C as sort of a replacement. At Google Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike, and Ken Thompson were attempting to create a language for modern systems programming that solved real -world problems they encountered while building large systems at scale.
Some interesting things about GO:
- It has a built in package system
- It has a built in tools for testing, documentation and a code-formatter.
- Natively supports multiple function return values with out some type of hacking
- Concurrency with goroutines and channels
- GO has a built in webserver since it does not need one to do the multi-threading among other things.